Saturday, September 10, 2005

Change of Plans



Today was supposed to be a fun day. I was going to take all the kids and my mom to the governor's mansion for Septemberfest, have a little picnic, and enjoy the sunshine. But, Daniel is sick. You can see it in his little eyes...

How do kids always get sick at night and on the weekends? How do their little clocks know that the doctor is out of town? I had the hardest time finding the information I needed about how to feed a 5 month old with a fever. I finally got a call back from the on-call pediatrician and Daniel is now working his way through Pedialyte, then diluted formula over the next three days.

J (my husband) and I saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose yesterday. It is based on a true story and J says it is the only exorcism recognized by the Catholic church. I normally do not watch horror films, but this one was different because all through the movie I kept remembering this was someone's actual experience. Very thought provoking, really.

No comments: