Thursday, November 03, 2005

SCORPION


When I got home from school last night, the whole house was just abuzz. This is unusual. Usually, all of my boys are occupied with television, computer, homework, or friends and the house is calm. But, last night there was just this energy from the moment I walked in the door. So, I went hunting for everybody and one by one they emerged from various rooms with faces of wonder. They had found a scorpion in the kitchen! Poor 3boyzdad. I think he had just mopped the floor from Daniel throwing up his entire dinner when Lucas came to tell him there was a "crab" in the kitchen. Wisely, 3boyzdad went to check out the "crab" and there was the uninvited visitor. They put it in a glass baby jar and thought about what to do with it. Sell it to the zoo? Yeah right. And what was showing on the Animal Planet channel??? You guessed it - Scorpions. I couldn't watch or pay attention, too gross. But, I think I picked up that most scorpoan bites aren't fatal or even serious. Some are, but not most.

Aaron called his best friend B to come see it but B wasn't home until after bed time. But, B came aknocking at 6:30am this morning to meet the now famous intruder. Aaron happily showed B the prize and they moved him to a different box and left the jar in the bathroom. Later, 3boyzdad goes to take a shower and sees the jar is empty.....Fear paralyzes his heart and he rises onto his tippee toes to start searching for the missing critter. Can you imagine? How hilarious. I hear the timid, "Aaron, did you move the scorpion?" "Yeah, we put it in a box outside." comes the reply. And all the way from the bedroom I could hear the relief as 3boyzdad sat his heels back down. Hee hee.....tough guy.

No comments: