Friday, January 27, 2006

Loose Ends

Click here to see Daniel pushing his little walker Grandma got him for Christmas. I caught sight of his first teeth today. 9 months and the bottom two have FINALLY broken through the gum.


Today is Friday and I was supposed to work my tail off on school work, house work, yard work, and any other constructive thing I could figure out to do. But, I didn't want to. No excuses, just no desire, either. I shopped at thrift stores and one little store that sells pallets of returns/overstocks. Then, I came home and put that stuff away and played with the kids. Ha, take that, chores. Lucas got his first pair of rollerblades and I helped him skate in the cul-de-sac a while. He fell, got up, fell, got up, fell, cried, got up. He started out all happy and excited and did a great job of taking it slowly to figure out how to keep his balance. By the end, he was just mad and wanted me to carry him into the house. We'll try again another day. If felt really good to just spend time with him, though. I wonder who taught him the big Loser "L" he is making on his forehead??










School is really taking off. I have articles to summarize, reactions to write, study guides to order, etc. All of my accounting classes refer to Enron or WorldCom no less than a zillion times per meeting. Recent accounting scandals have delivered new accounting students a prime market to enter. Ironicly, the confidence of the profession has been brutalized by accountants, which in turn, has created more jobs for accountants.

Speaking of accounting, that reminds me to tell you how I know the honeymoon is over with 3boyzdad. I had some extra time yesterday after a doctor appointment and before class started so I thought of all my options (including highly rated shopping) and decided to go steal him from his office to go eat with me. I thought we could just chat, hold hands, all that mushy stuff. The restaurant was slow, we talked, I finished eating with time left over. I thought we could drag out our little meeting with ice cream or wander around a store somewhere. He didn't seem too interested, so I asked if he would rather go home so he could have some time there to himself before he had to pick the kids up. Nope, didn't want to. He still didn't seem to be having any fun at all so I asked if he wanted to go back to work and his face lit up the whole block. Now, that's how you know the honeymoon is over: Me for stealing him to go EAT and him for preferring to go back to WORK! Turns out, I was forgetting that I was supposed to be in an Ethics meeting at school for extra credit. Total bust!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry to hear about the honeymoon period ending. That really stinks that you missed your extra credit session for a total bust. How sad. No ice cream, no niente.

Accounting scandals huh? They only talked about Enron and MCI? What ever happened to our favorite company?