Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Today I was thinking about how much I love not working. I won't say "staying home" because that isn't exactly what I do. This afternoon while I was watering my flowers, making my garden grow, I was just feeling so happy and grateful that I'm able to take this time off from work. It was sunny and warm and I could literally sit and count rose buds if I wanted to. So relaxing! I know it won't last, which probably makes me appreciate it even more.

I've been working out two days per week at the gym and there are signs up all over the place to "Get your free session with a personal trainer!" So, I got it, which did not include any exercise, just talking about my sedentary lifestyle, lack of daily vitamins and drive thru eating habits. Tomorrow I have my first actual workout with a personal trainer. He's a cutie...Hey, if looking forward to seeing the cutie helps me to work out regularly....I'm there! Supposedly, I am to throw out my scales and we are only going to manage body fat and inches. I'm going to be soooo buff!! I can't wait. We are also supposed to take before and after pics. If I lose the weight, I'll post the pics on the blog.

This evening I saw my neighbor, A, sitting out on her bench. She is an outdoor smoker so I went over to chat. She is a hoot and we talked for a couple of hours, I bet. The most hilarious story came out of it. She said our other neighbor directly across the street, (Mrs. B, the neighborhood watch system) reported to her recently that she had watched Lucas dig a hole in A's yard. This is entirely possible, I have no idea if he did or not. As I listened to the story I interjected that I would fill it with dirt if she needed me to. She told me to hang on till the end, when Mrs. B also reported that she later saw me over there filling the hole up. HA. That is hilarious, as I didn't even know there was a hole, much less tried to cover it up. Mrs. B came back to A the following day to report that another neighbor corroborated her story. ?? This is bordering on disturbing now, right? I never saw a hole or tried to cover a hole and two people saw me do it? This situation can really enlighten us when it comes to "Eyewitness" testimony!


Daniel had his first birthday a couple of weeks ago. It was a great party, couldn't have been better. He had so much fun playing with the toys and people. He ate his first birthday cake and had a little birthday cake-goat tee beard. Then came the hangover. You know there is always a hangover that follows every party, right? Well, let's just say he had a tummy ache for a week afterwards. Too much party for that little guy! So funny. He is doing great now. Truthfully, he is also teething like crazy, and that may have been more to blame than his shamelss cake eating.

No comments: