Monday, September 26, 2005

Before and After


Daniel and I traveled again, this time to Florida to meet his Great grandmother visiting from Colombia. She is a sweet lady of 92 years old in excellent health, but has declared this to be her last visit to the states. Hopefully, it wasn't.

While there we shopped at the mall and visited the ocean. I stuck his little feet in the water. So cute.
Also, his grandmother, 3boyzdad's mom, wanted his hair to be shaved off. She and most of their family thinks it will make it grow back thicker. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but relented. Fortunately, hair does grow back!

Here is Daniel with his second cousin Luisa and great abuelita. They have matching hairstyles now.

Everyone there speaks Spanish so it is great practice for me to spend time with them. It is also nice to get to know 3boyzdad's family. They are just a big network of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

So much to write about, so little time. I have been so stressed lately with school, traveling, and taking care of the house and kids. 3boyzdad went out of town yesterday to a watch party for the Formula One races. He never goes anywhere and this is his favorite interest, so could I beg him to stay home? Not really. Not that anything could have kept him home. I could tell he was in a hurry to leave before I came up with a hundred reasons for him to stay and help me. He had fun and his favorite driver won first place.

I did finally use a laundry service to help with the laundry at home. Laundry accumulates on my living room couch and refuses to fold itself up and put itself away. It cost 85¢/lb but maybe it was worth it. I'll try it a couple more times and see if it helps me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.