Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Update

It's been so long since my last post. I guess my main problem is that I like to have a picture to go with my posts, but organizing one with a story just hasn't happened lately. So, here is an update, pictureless.

Aaron is his normal sweet self, but he is sure struggling in school. We have implemented tutoring four days per week plus we are increasing the dosage on his ADD medication. He has been on the lowest dosage for a while, so I have few qualms about doing this. The only thing left is for him to take more responsibility for his own grades, homework, destiny.

Lucas couldn't sit still or mind in PreK today, so I had to pick him up early. I don't know what got him going but he was just running and screaming, not paying attention. The school is very nice about it, the assistant principal just said he was not wanting to learn today, so he needed to go home so everyone else could. I agreed. He went home to five minutes on the "naughty rug" (Thank you Super Nanny.) and seemed to calm down a bit.

Daniel is growing soooo fast. He will be 8 months tomorrow. He just went to the pediatrician yesterday and was diagnosed with an ear infection. He is on antibiotics and an antihistimine. Besides being a tiny bit under the weather, he is just crawling all over the house, inspecting every piece of dirt and cord on the floor. He especially likes the corners of the house and the bathrooms, so we have to be careful to keep all doors shut to the rooms we don't want him in.

My mom came up with the idea to do our Christmas shopping online this year. I have almost all of mine done from www.Amazon.com. That was the best! Daniel is getting a Leapfrog drum, Lucas is getting Tinkertoys and I better not post Aaron's, just in case he reads the blog before Christmas! Aaron has been nagging me to get the tree up, so that is on the short list of priorities, but ugggh. So much work!

In anticipation of losing my job, I have joined an online mommy group. They have playdates once a week, so I thought that would be a good filler for Lucas and Daniel. Well, let me tell you, these girls email tons! There aren't that many of them, less than 20 for sure, but if left unchecked, my email will pile up with 100 emails in a day. The nice thing is that they are posting pics of their kids and sharing recipes and tips and sometimes upsets. It will probably be a nice group to be part of.

My mom spent the first night in her new house last night. She says the tile floors are cold and Petie (the Japanese Chin puppy dog) still thinks the world is his potty but otherwise it was good.

Work Countdown!
20 more work days till I'm a SAHM! (Stay at home mom) (You got to learn the lingo!!)

No comments: