Saturday, July 01, 2006

Life's a Parade

Happy 4th of July all! Nice long weekend, lovin' it!

I went to see Superman last night and it was very good. I won't give anything away here in my review so you are safe to read on. Man, is Superman just the sexiest or what!! And what makes him so drastically sexy? Body of steel? Eyes of blue? 6'4" build? Never tells a lie? Flies? All of these things help, but I think it is his ability to protect. Nothing makes a girl fall in love like feeling safe in a man's care. Superman does it through strength, but Donald Trump does it through money. Security can be from lots of different things. 3boyzdad makes me feel safe because I know he is loyal and dependable. That's what makes him so loveable, that and his accent. Hee hee.

Well, that was last night. Today was Beauty and the Beast at Lyric Theatre and I have to say they did an excellent job. I feel completely qualified to judge because I saw Beauty and the Beast live on Broadway (or was it "off" Broadway? Wherever, it was in Manhatten somewhere!) several years ago. It was awesome, truly awesome then. I took Aaron and he must have been younger than 10, maybe even 8. He loved it. It was a great experience for him. So anyway, Lyric did a really nice job, the stage was beautiful and the costumes were great. It ran a little long in my opinion, but then, I'm always in a hurry to get somewhere. Well, I compared 3boyzdad to Superman, shall I compare him to the Beast, too? I'm sure I could find similarities, if not just in morning breath. But, alas, I shall take the higher road and liken him to the Prince the Beast becomes after he learns how to love and be loved. I'm so sweet.

Well, actually, I do have a funny story to tell about old 3boyzdad. Years ago I used to tease him that someday in public I'm going to embarrass him. It will go something like this: We'll be sitting side by side waiting for our number to be called. There will be several other people in this lobby or whatever it is. He will turn to me just to say something or make a point and I will throw my hands up like I'm guarding my face. I'll do this like it's a gut reaction and I'm scared of him. I don't know why I think this is so funny, but it has cracked me up thinking about it for years. I'm sure I wouldn't think it half as funny if him hitting me were an actual possibility. Well, his new thing all of a sudden is to give me my way just to "keep me from throwing a fit". He says this in such a way that a stranger would think I throw house rocking, tizzie fits if I don't get my way. So goes life at our house but we march on.

New project: Sorting pictures
Last project: Cleaned/Organized garage.
Next project: Maybe the yard. It's getting messy.

No comments: