Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This week brought a big hiccup in my life plan. I went on a job interview. A couple of weeks ago I applied to an anonymous company on Craigslist with the same expectation as all the other jobs I've applied to......nothing. They called. I ignored. They emailed. I responded. They called for an interview. I went. I actually went thinking it was probably a scam because of the salary they advertised in the ad. I figured if they were calling me, then they wanted $100 for the start up kit. Know what I mean? Turns out, it is a legitimate audit company that recognized the company I used to work for and wants my background for a contract audit job. The catch is they pay commission only for recovery audit work. Could be big money, could be no money. Flexible schedule as I would be independant. The client they are working on now is expected to last about 6 months. Could be work after that, maybe not. Lots of variables, some risk. I've been thinking about it for the last 24 hours and virtually nothing else.

Work outs are going well. My trainer gave me a diet to follow and I think it is already working. I'm supposed to stay at 1400 calories and 31 fat grams. I haven't ever hit the mark exactly, but each day I get closer. Learning how to space your food over the day is a big challenge. Have to be careful or all your fat grams are used up at breakfast. Also, it is a "on three days, off one day" type deal. The idea is to always keep your body guessing what's going on. If you consistently eat low fat and calories, the body will figure out your game plan and start conserving calories. It's the same with the workout. We never do the same thing two workouts in a row because a routine workout gives your body a chance to conserve.

Now for my gripe of the week. I wanted to join Aaron in his golf lessons for the last few weeks of his summer session. This is a kids class but it isn't full and I figured I would be a bargain for the instructor to just let me sit in on the classes and learn along with the kids. Well, long story short, one of the other moms objected to me taking the class. I'm not sure why but I am probably not objective at all. I rationalize that the class is not full and I would surely take less instructor time than an additional youth. So, why?

Okay, now for some interaction. I know several of you have taken really cool vacations this summer. Or you are headed on a cool vacation. E-mail me your favorite vacation pic to jessicag361@cox.net along with a note about where you are, etc. and I'll post them on the blog. Put "blog" in the subject line for me. Fun, huh!

No comments: